The world is moving, but not all opinions and governments are willing to accept this poorly understood reality. The issue affects both states and the planet, in a process of globalization and of regionalization of migrations, and raises new questions for international relations, now including the South. This course aims at improving knowledge of the subject, addressing the key issues raised by international migration, and assessing the trends of tomorrow.
The MOOC lasts 7 weeks and focuses on various themes related to migration. It makes use of various types of document, such as maps, news articles, and scientific papers.
This MOOC is an introductory course on the questions and issues related to international migration, there are no prerequisites.
Assessment and certification
- Globalization of migration
- Refugees and environmentally displaced persons
- France and international migration flows
- Citizenship and migration
- Right to mobility and global governance
Other course runs
- From Feb. 20, 2017 to April 14, 2017
- From Jan. 23, 2017 to April 3, 2017
Agence Nationale de la Recherche
License for the course content
You are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
Under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.