It is essential to sleep well to be in good shape, to maintain a certain well-being and therefore ultimately for its impact on your daily life. However, this means adopting a healthy lifestyle.
The SweetDreams MOOC aims to raise public awareness of sleep and its impact on the quality of life of European citizens. It also offers tools for monitoring and improving sleep and is primarily for all seniors who want to stay fit and independent for as long as possible.
We offer you the opportunity to discover the secrets of sleep through online course materials and digital tools, such as sleep applications and technologies.
This MOOC was created in collaboration with several European structures and is co-financed by the European Institute of Innovation for Health "EIT Health".
This course consists of 5 bimonthly sessions of approximately one hour each, offered over a total of 10 weeks.
Several activities and materials will be offered during this training:
• Explanatory videos that teach you about sleep habits and ways to improve possible disorders;
• Additional materials (documents and presentations);
• « Digital Capsules » providing you with knowledge of the different natural methods and digital devices to improve your sleep;
• Self-assessment quizz throughout the 10 weeks course
• Take part in the discussion forum between participants of our MOOC
No prior knowledge is required, but we expect our participants to be interested in the issue of sleep and its influence on daily life.
A plus would be to have a smartphone and/or tablet that will allow you to try and use the digital devices presented throughout the course.
This course - which combines the academic framework, associative approach and the potential of digital technology - is primarily aimed at senior citizens looking for new methods to improve their sleep.
However, anyone interested in the issue and daily well-being is welcome and can participate.
Assessment and certification
This MOOC will be evaluated through quizzes on the courses offered. Successful completion of the 10-week quizzes will allow the learner to receive a follow-up certificate.
Every two weeks, we offer a new course (a sequence) with theoretical and practical content on the importance of sleep:
- Sequence 0 : General presentation of the SweetDreams MOOC (objectives and content)
- Sequence 1 : Good sleep habits - The link between quality of sleep and lifestyle habits
- Sequence 2 : Most common sleep disorders - Presentation of the most common sleep problems among seniors
- Sequence 3 : Natural treatments to resolve sleep disorders - Presentation of natural methods to improve sleep quality
- Sequence 4 : Technologies helping to improve sleep - An overview of applications and technologies detecting sleep trends and solutions to improve sleep
- From Oct. 15, 2018 to Jan. 31, 2019
License for the course content
You are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
Under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- NoDerivatives — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you may not distribute the modified material.