- Duration: 4 weeks
- Effort: 12 hours
- Pace: ~3 hours/week
You wish to renew your inspiration to invent tomorrow’s food, to develop your menu and your culinary offer, to create a new restaurant concept or merely to present your friends with a very trendy dinner?
This FERRANDI Paris MOOC will help you to observe and analyse culinary trends, to understand how they work and to develop a monitoring process to better anticipate and innovate.
In terms of forecasting, culinary trends are linked to three disciplines:
- Economy: understanding the market and eating habits;
- Sociology: understanding society’s trends;
- Design/Innovation: creativity, choice of products and culinary applications.
Over the next four weeks you will successively:
- Identify emerging French culinary trends and international cultural influences;
- Develop a method of observation;
- Based on examples of products and recipes, learn the principles of trends analysis;
- Devise a concept board designed to innovate;
- Imagine a culinary creation based on the trends you have studied;
- Participate in and influence the general discussion.
For each sequence, discussions will be open on the platform forum and social networks.
All interested persons, cooking fans (professionals or amateurs) who wish to challenge their creativity.
Assessment and certification
Every week will end with an QCM comprising 10 questions for the participants to review the lessons.
The exercises in creativity (Reports No. 2 and 3) wont't be assesed, but the most interesting ones for ou teachers will be presented to the entire community.
The MCQs and the reports will account for 100%, respectively, of the overall mark.
- Culinary trends: scope of the subject
Trends and time (ex: salmon, pairing dish and beverages)
Fashion and time, a parallel with the world of fashion
Trend and society: openness to the world, new values, new products
Culinary trend through the evolution of techniques and recipes
- Study methodology
Research subjects and hypotheses
9 “trend” subjects presented by experts
Report No. 1: observing a culinary trend
- What is an inspiration board
How to create a trend board
Give meaning to a board
Report No. 2: creating a trend board
- Drawing inspiration from a trend board:
To create a dish
To create a restaurant atmosphere
To create a catering concept
Report No. 3: drawing a recipe from an inspiration board
Presentation of the Culinary Trends Observatory FERRANDI Paris
Other course runs
- From April 1, 2020 to May 3, 2020
- From March 6, 2017 to April 24, 2017
Rejoignez le MOOC sur les réseaux sociaux
Retrouvez l'équipe pédagogique et tous les inscrits sur le groupe Facebook à la page suivante :
License for the course content
You are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format for any purpose, even commercially.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NoDerivatives — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you may not distribute the modified material.